Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Good Way to Start and End the Day



So, yes, I am a mother of a 9 (almost 10) month-old boy. Before he was born, I was warned by many that, "you've got to watch out for boys" and "boys are different, they'll getcha." You mean, the whole diaper changing thing right? Yep. They pee on ya. Since the first diaper change, I've had my fair share of drinking fountain-style streams shot forth at me.

However, this morning I was caught off guard, standing by the changing table. I looked away for a second, then looked back and suddenly felt wet being sprayed into my eyes and around mouth area. "AAAAAAAHHH!" I shouted. That's right, folks, my son peed in my mouth. All my husband, Dave, could do was stand at a distance and say, "I'm sorry that happened to you (snicker)."

Also, around 9-10 months a little devious monster emerges and suddenly they start protesting routines that have been routines for 9 months! You wouldn't think they would be so attached to that stinky, very full diaper? "What?" you say. Well, why else would they protest getting their diaper changed so much?!

Dinner time used to be so peaceful. Anything that was put infront of him, he ate. When he was full, he'd let us know. Now, it is like dodging the spinning propellers just to get the spoon in and out without a major splattering all over the place. Tonight, peas was the choice of vegatable. I will replay the events exactly as they happened:
"Dave, I'm goin' in!"
"Shelly.....(long pause) be careful. Its a jungle in there."
"Call for back-up if you don't hear from me in 10 minutes."
I swerved this way and that. Must...get...spoon...in...mouth...
YES!! I did it. "Breaker, breaker, the rabbit is in the hole, I repeat, the rabbit is in the hole."
"Wait, NO! AAAHHHH!"
"Code red, code red! I've been hit. Multiple hits in the eye and mouth! I've been...PEAD. The enemy has used the dreaded machine gun with full force!"
And that's exactly how it happened.

So, you see, I began my day by being peed on and ended my day by being pead on.

2 comments:

Christian said...

Haha just wait till he's older and can talk. Once he learns "no" a whole world opens up!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I knew there was a reason I didn't like boys!