Monday, April 7, 2008

dinner tonight

I have always struggled with ideas for dinner. I frequently wait until the very last minute or I spend all day looking at recipes to find something that I have the ingredients for.
BUT! Tonight I will be prepared!
Have you all discovered iGoogle yet? It is kind of neat way to personalize your google homepage. You can choose a theme and it has little mascot characters at the top that do different activities throughout the day. I have a frog and a lady bug who are playing croquet right now. Sometimes they dress up in karate pants and kick through boards. I have Japanese vocabulary and local weather.
The "How to" of the day section is what caught my eye today. One of my favorite Japanese dishes is easily made and I happen to have all the ingredients (except for the sake and the pickled ginger bits, which I can do without).

Katsu Curry (breaded and fried pork cutlets and curry)


Thanks wikiHow!

1 comment:

momomom said...

ooh, how'd it turn out? Katsu-kare is a favorite of mine too! so yummy- i've only tried to make katsu once but I burned it miserably :(