Thursday, November 19, 2009

Favorite Things Friday #10

Dave's birthday was a week ago so I'm a little behind. But I've been wanting to post this and I'm taking the opportunity today.

A little bit about Dave:
He is a genuine big kid. He loves sugar cereals. He loves getting the t-shirt or other special offers on the back of the sugar cereals (one of the very few things he ever asks me to do for him). He is a collector of hats (mostly of the beanie sorts). Come winter time and we start digging through the hat/glove bin, I'm always amazed that we probably could clothe the heads of an entire elementary school.


His words, "Now we can be a modern family!"


He is such a good father to Charlie and Pete. He gets down on their level, ya know. He understands them, he loves them, he entertains them. They love him too. Recently, Charlie has been clapping and cheering when Daddy comes home from work.

He loves what he does at work. He loves the people he works with. That makes me happy. He is currently re-reading the Harry Potter books in his free time.

Never is a complaining word uttered from his mouth. He is gracious to me for everything I do. He is thoughtful and considerate. He is nonjudgmental. He is a man of integrity. He is practical, incredibly intelligent, and thrifty. He'll eat anything I make, except for some squash I made when we were dating but I apparently didn't cook it enough, so....

He has a few really good friends, whom of which will be his friends for life. He has a soft spot for cats because of his childhood, long-living friend, Silver.

And, he is a great dancer---the real reason for which I married him. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Ya, I know I just posted an FTF on a Thursday. Oh well.

Debby said...

It was Friday somewhere! :-)

beck said...

What nice post, for what sounds like a SUPER nice hus. You guys are cute.