Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Things Friday #7

I had the best tasting, most tender, melt-in-your-mouth nectarine today. I'm pretty sure they are my favorite fruit. Nectarines are said to be a "mutant" peach. They are genetically identical to peaches but nectarines have a recessive gene that makes them fuzz-less.

If I like nectarines so much, then other people must like them too. Why, then, are there not nectarine-flavored things like yogurt or candy or recipes for nectarine pie or crisp? Nectarine-flavored gum, jelly bellies, fruit juice, ice cream, jell-o, or chewy vitamins.

Someday I'd like live in a place where I can grow nectarine trees and pick them perfectly ripe. That would be nice.

2 comments:

Mad Hadder said...

My experience is that nectarines are either the BEST or the WORST. It must be hard to achieve consistency. Maybe you should explore some nectarine products yourself!

Shelly said...

Yes, when nectarines are GOOD, they are the BEST.